Join us June 28 – July 6, 2018 for an exciting performance trip to Scotland and Iceland! GBYO will perform at Harpa Hall in Reykjavik, as well as two other venues in Scotland. On the itinerary are visits to castles, cathedrals, and national parks. Harpa Hall (see photos below) is an architectural wonder meant to evoke the senses of fire and ice. Both Iceland and Scotland are full of natural beauty, which GBYO will experience in its extensive travels through the two countries.
For detailed information about the trip, click here. For a detailed itinerary, click here. To register, click here. GBYO Trip ID is 145287!
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR INTERNATIONAL TRIP:
We are pleased to announce financial assistance for a limited number of musicians for our 2018 Scotland/Iceland trip. Students will be selected for assistance through an application process.
Students must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Member of Symphony, Principal or Jazz ensemble in 2017-18 season;
- Member of GBYO for at least one season prior to 2017-18 season;
- Junior or Senior in high school in 2017-18 school year;
- Never been on a GBYO international trip;
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance.
- Students applying for trip assistance do not need to qualify for general GBYO financial aid.
To apply for trip assistance, fill out the regular GBYO financial assistance form with backup tax documents and submit it with an essay about why you want to travel with GBYO and what benefits you expect from the experience. You may also include how you will contribute to the group.
Deadline for trip assistance application is Sept. 30, 2017. Recipients will be notified of the amount of the award before the early bird discount window closes in the fall.
Left: Interior of Harpa Hall (fire).
Below: Exterior of Harpa Hall (ice).